Envisionit, an award-winning digital marketing agency based in Chicago, is seeking an Associate Creative Director to join our growing team. We specialize in B2B digital marketing for clients in the financial tech (Fintech) industry, as well as other tech sectors and we’re looking for a creative leader with a copywriting background and business acumen to guide and bring to life everything from digital campaigns to large-scale web destinations.
The ideal candidate is someone who can dive in deep to understand the complexities of a client’s business but can also think conceptually and lead others to do the same. Experience in the Fintech industry is a big plus, but we’ll also consider candidates with seasoned B2B writing experience who are passionate about learning the space.
You will work alongside a tight-knit bunch of seriously talented people who genuinely like each other, have fun and work hard for the collective success. We have a beautiful office overlooking Millennium Park and Lake Michigan that is available for our employees to use, as well as a flexible work-from-home option.
A brief POV on the role:
“I am a creative visionary but I also have a great mind for strategy. My passion is around ensuring the way we tell stories through websites and lead generation channels builds deep connections with the audience. I work with creatives and marketers to create a vision for the work we produce and thoroughly enjoy the challenge of taking work from concept to final execution. I excel at articulating ideas and creative concepts clearly and effectively, presenting to both clients and team members. At times I roll up my sleeves and craft work myself, and I take personal accountability for the performance of the story, ensuring the key messages connect and drive behavior whether that be through words or visuals.”
A few stand-out points:
- You will have a true impact and voice in what we recommend to our clients (it’s actually an expectation).
- Our clients are motivated, so you will see the results of your work out in the world (no endless revision loops).
- You’ll make a strong impact in how we position our Fintech offering and drive new business.
- Establish creative vision, brand idea & direction for agency clients
- Distill research and insights into ideas and direction for clients and team
- Provide strategic vision and solutions to writers and designers and guide them towards achieving key creative and business objectives
- Ensure a cohesive story is being told across all mediums and channels, developing messaging platforms where required
- Present creative and sell vision to internal and external stakeholders
- Accurately estimate creative solutions within budget and time limitations, ensuring effort matches value, identify alternative options if needed
- Direct external partners, contractors, and consultants when internal resources are not available
What we’re looking for:
- First and foremost, you are a great copywriter. You have a passion for discovering new ways to tell a brand’s story that builds relationships with their audience.
- You love diving in deep to understand your clients’ business and becoming their highly valued partner.
- You take personal accountability to ensure content performs well against business goals.
- You love talking to clients about your ideas and recommendations. You are able to communicate vision. You are articulate and can easily connect with people. Presenting work to both internal and external stakeholders energizes you.
- You are willing to put pen to paper. You truly enjoy having your sleeves rolled up as a writer in addition to directing work.
- You are great at coaching and mentoring writers and designers to guide their work to a place of strategic excellence.
- You really get the connection between visual and verbal and how those elements come together to tell a story.
- Your passion is genuine.
- You don’t confuse confidence with ego.
- You are driven and hold yourself accountable for the work that happens on your watch.
What’s in it for you:
- Flexibility - We strive to support our employees and understand that life is complex with a lot of moving parts. We offer a hybrid in-office/remote environment, generous PTO, summer Fridays and floating holidays beyond the standard holidays.
- Growth opportunities - Every employee has regular check-ins with managers to discuss priorities and goal progress, peer feedback and a framework to share career goals and passions. We are proud to say many people on our leadership team have grown through the ranks of the agency!
- Transparency - We have regular, anonymous surveys for you to share your feedback, an open door policy, regular agency meetings and a suggestion box that is always open for you to share your thoughts and ideas.
- Commitment to company culture - We have a recognition system that is employee-led, a diversity and inclusion committee, monthly events to bring employees together in-person and even weekly happy hours!
- Commitment to serve - We offer every employee a paid day off each year to volunteer for a cause they are passionate about, and give them the opportunity to share this cause with the rest of the company.
- Office amenities - You’ll have access to a dedicated workspace in our downtown office plus free use of the Prudential building concierge and well-equipped fitness center. There is a stunning rooftop overlooking the lake if you want to work outside on a nice day.
- Ease of transport - Our office is located near the el, Metra and bus stations and there is paid parking underground.
The ideal candidate for this position will have at least 5-7 years of professional digital experience, and a solid portfolio submitted with their resume.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not currently accepting phone calls about employment opportunities. In addition, we cannot pay for relocation expenses or act as an immigration sponsor at this time, nor is this position eligible for telecommuting. Please visit our website to learn more about us: http://www.envisionitagency.com
Envisionit is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Envisionit. Enjoy your agency™
To learn more about our culture, visit us on Instagram! (@envisionitagency)
“Smart, fun people. Caring leadership. Great work-life balance. Very transparent business that goes out of their way to encourage open communication. Impressive work quality and results - well beyond what I have seen at other agencies. Located next to millennium park with beautiful views of the city and lake..”