Envisionit, an award-winning digital agency in Chicago is seeking a Content Director to drive qualified leads for our sales team. We focus our expertise in a few niche industries including Tech, CPG, Hospitality and Travel spaces. We offer a full suite of digital marketing capabilities including media, web, brand and creative services. This position sits on our Executive Leadership Team and will closely collaborate with fellow leaders to grow the business.
Envisionit is headquartered in Chicago. We have a beautiful office overlooking Millennium Park and Lake Michigan that is available for our employees to use while practicing social distancing guidelines, however for the remainder of 2020 we are allowing the entire business to work remotely from home and will be making future determinations about 2021 as we know more. Above all, we are prioritizing our employees’ health and safety.
You are ultimately accountable for the quality and quantity of inbound leads for the agency. You understand how to position a service business in a B2B setting. You are a passionate marketer, have a keen eye for opportunity and are talented at nailing what levers to pull that drive desired behavior. You’ll align the Envisionit brand to the business vision to help us reach our goals with strategies and detailed plans that deliver results in each market. You will monitor key performance metrics to ensure the return is worth the investment. Specifically, you will be measured on volume of MQLs and SQLs.
You love rolling up your sleeves and putting pen to paper to create content and deliver thought leadership that will not only lift awareness, but also gain Envisionit significant credibility within a niche market.
This role sits on the leadership team and reports to the CEO. While you have access to creative, technology and media resources, it’s important to note that you will be required to personally create marketing content.
What’s in it for you:
- A tremendous opportunity to drive the growth of your career in a very entrepreneurial, nimble and open-minded organization
- A real voice in the company - your ideas, plans and feedback will have an impact, guaranteed
- A supportive and collaborative leadership structure that truly cares about their people
- A smart, innovative and fun-loving group of people to call your work family
- A stable workplace with a 5-year average employee tenure - people like it here!
You have a proven track record in the following areas:
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for channels/mediums including online, social media, email, mobile, video, print and in-person.
- Develop distribution strategies for content (both online and offline). Continuous evolution of strategy is a must.
- Competitor and niche research - leverage market data to develop content themes/assets that support a point of view and educate prospects in a way that leads to hitting critical behavior metrics.
- Create channel-specific roadmaps of how we will provide highly targeted content to a niche or market with a functional content calendar throughout the market verticals.
- Conduct ongoing tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gather data and analytics and make recommendations based on those results.
Content Development & Distribution
- Develop high quality content & distribute via social, email marketing, publications/press and paid media programs.
- Develop standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure creative, marketing and branding initiatives provide a consistent message across channels.
Lead Generation + Tracking
- Ensure the agency is reaching business targets for qualified prospects; Actively track the data and ensure a positive ROI.
- Develop & execute strategies to increase the volume of qualified, inbound leads & overall agency visibility
- Demonstrable experience of working successfully in an equivalent role in a B2B setting marketing a service-based offering.
- Fluency with content best practices and ability to create and distribute engaging, on-brand, effective content across different channels.
- Proven ability to interpret content metrics to evaluate success and ROI.
- Persistent, results orientated with a positive and enthusiastic with a ‘can-do’ attitude - you come with “batteries included”.
- Team player attitude with the ability to share knowledge and information and work collaboratively at all levels across the organization.
- You’re coachable – in other words, you’re happy to give and receive feedback from others.
- You’re passionate and serious about what you but don’t let ego get in the way of collaborative team effort and ultimate success.
- Industry expertise in any of the following areas: Tech, CPG, Hospitality, Travel
- Experience successfully marketing digital agency services
The ideal candidate for this position will have at least 7-10 years of professional experience. Salary will be commensurate with experience. And our benefits are pretty sweet, too.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not currently accepting phone calls about employment opportunities. In addition, we cannot pay for relocation expenses or act as an immigration sponsor at this time, nor is this position eligible for telecommuting. Please visit our website to learn more about envisionit: http://www.envisionitagency.com
Envisionit is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Envisionit. Enjoy your agency™
To learn more about our culture, visit us on Instagram!
“Smart, fun people. Caring leadership. Great work-life balance. Very transparent business that goes out of their way to encourage open communication. Impressive work quality and results - well beyond what I have seen at other agencies. Located next to millennium park with beautiful views of the city and lake..”