Envisionit, an award-winning digital agency in Chicago, has an exciting freelance opportunity for an experienced B2B Content Strategist and Copywriter for a very rewarding and enjoyable client account.
If you’re someone who loves digging into data to plan content, organizing compelling user experiences, and telling great stories that get people to take action in the digital space, we want to get to know you. Bonus points if you have experience in the Destination Marketing space and/or a strong background in creating content and experiences for meeting professionals or the travel trade.
Not only is there a short-term opportunity for this specific project, there is long-term potential to partner on similar projects in the future. Right now we are looking for our right-fit candidate and working on finalizing the details of what the timing and commitment will look like. We’d love to hear from you if you fit the bill, especially if you are looking for full-time work after the holidays.
What we’re looking for:
- An energetic and seasoned professional who is strategic, creative, motivated, and has exceptional attention to detail
- Someone who has experience with large-scale publisher websites, particularly as it relates to content management systems and organizing and tagging content
- The ability to audit and assess legacy content and new content against current strategic needs
- Experience collaborating with UX and interaction designers to create intuitive taxonomies
- Someone who loves digging deep into research and analytics to understand your audiences and what it takes to inspire and motivate
- A writer that can put pen to paper to craft content that’s not only compelling and on brand, but also drives traffic and converts
- Ability to fact check, edit and proofread content to make sure it’s consistent, error free, and on point
- Someone who can multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently across multiple projects and deadlines without sacrificing quality
- A highly dependable individual with proven experience working in a team environment; Interpersonal skills must be stellar
- Someone who is comfortable and skilled at presenting ideas and work, clearly explaining rationale and recommendations
- A minimum of 5 years in copywriting or journalism
- Demonstrated expertise in writing for B2B audiences
- Available for key (onsite) meetings and collaboration
- A portfolio of relevant work samples (included with your submission please)
What’s in it for you:
- The opportunity to work in the exciting vertical of destination marketing within the travel industry
- A supportive and collaborative team structure that truly cares about their people
- A smart, innovative and fun-loving group of people to work with
- A real voice on the team - your ideas, plans and feedback will have an impact, guaranteed
Detailed Role Responsibilities:
- Inventory and assess existing and partner content as well as outline plans for new content
- Audit content for relevance and quality, assessing it against user insights, site analytics, and marketing objectives.
- Develop comprehensive content strategy that aligns with company goals and connects with various audiences across multiple geographic locations
- Research subject matter developments, industries and trends, suggesting new or updated content strategies
- Ensure content aligns to defined user types and effectively supports conversion goals/objectives
- Ensure content aligns to interface and technology considerations (i.e. CMS, dynamic vs. static content)
- Research and organize facts and sources for your pieces, speaking with primary research sources when necessary
- Drive and implement SEO best practices, including content and keyword optimizations to drive traffic online
- Develop and write on-strategy content for use on websites and general content distribution needs.
- Partner with SEO and UX to ensure content meets strategic needs without negatively impacting the quality of storytelling.
- Partner with interaction designers on how to best match content to visual design.
Editing & Proofreading
- Copyedit based on feedback provided by team members or clients
- Fact check work using credible sources to ensure content accuracy
- Ensure all-around consistency for style, voice, and tone
- Pay very close attention to detail, showing off your skills in near-perfect grammar and proficiency in editing
- Serve as the final content gatekeeper to ensure editorial best practices and brand alignment are maintained
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not currently accepting phone calls about employment opportunities. In addition, we cannot pay for relocation expenses or act as an immigration sponsor at this time, nor is this position eligible for telecommuting.
Envisionit is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Envisionit. Enjoy your agency™
To learn more about Enjoy your agency™, visit us on Instagram!
“Smart, fun people. Caring leadership. Great work-life balance. Very transparent business that goes out of their way to encourage open communication. Impressive work quality and results - well beyond what I have seen at other agencies. Located next to millennium park with beautiful views of the city and lake..”