Envisionit, an award-winning digital marketing agency based in Chicago, is seeking a Freelance Content Strategist to join our team both for short-term opportunities we have available immediately and to establish a long-term relationship for future needs. You will be stepping in right away to support a website strategy and content project, and we’re open to both local and remote candidates.
We specialize in B2B digital marketing for fintech clients, as well as other tech sectors and are looking for a strategic and creative mind with business acumen to help translate marketing goals into effective website recommendations. Experience in the fintech industry is a big plus, but we’ll also consider candidates with seasoned B2B content strategy experience.
- Conduct in-depth audit for existing website content, to understand how it can be optimized to better align with our user personas’ needs and pain points, and drive greater engagement and conversions based on KPI goals
- Interview key stakeholders to understand current content challenges/needs, prioritization of value propositions and audience insights
- Consult on user persona development in conjunction with internal and client teams, and craft ideal persona journeys based on understanding of user needs and website goals
- Dive in deep to understand our target audiences’ needs and pain points and craft recommendations accordingly
- Critique discovery findings and competitive landscape and apply findings to your strategic solution
- Provide on-strategy content recommendations to increase site engagement and lead conversion with content supporting each stage of the user journey
- Partner with SEO and tech teams to ensure content meets strategic needs for organic visibility and conversion without negatively impacting the quality of storytelling
- Present work and sell through rationale to internal and external stakeholders
What we’re looking for:
- You have a passion for discovering new ways to tell a brand’s story that builds relationships with their customers
- You have a proven track record of planning and optimizing website content in a way that moves users to act and meets KPIs and conversion goals
- You have the know-how and passion for connecting the dots between users, business goals, and brand to craft an effective content strategy
- You love partnering with SEO, tech specialists and creatives to drive your vision
- You have strong organizational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines autonomously
- You work collaboratively, take constructive feedback well and can apply direction without losing your point of view
- You are energized by presenting work and connecting stakeholders with your strategies and perspective
The ideal candidate for this position will have 5-7 years experience, and a solid portfolio submitted with their resume. Please either include your portfolio URL in your resume, or upload it with your resume as a single PDF.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not currently accepting phone calls about employment opportunities. In addition, we cannot pay for relocation expenses or act as an immigration sponsor at this time, nor is this position eligible for telecommuting. Please visit our website to learn more about envisionit: http://www.envisionitagency.com
Envisionit is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Envisionit. Enjoy your agency™
“Smart, fun people. Caring leadership. Great work-life balance. Very transparent business that goes out of their way to encourage open communication. Impressive work quality and results - well beyond what I have seen at other agencies. Located next to millennium park with beautiful views of the city and lake..”