Envisionit, an award-winning digital marketing agency based in Chicago, is seeking a Freelance/Contract B2B Copywriter to join our team both for short-term opportunities we have available immediately and to establish a long-term relationship for future needs. You will be stepping into a variety of projects across a number of clients and we are open to both local and remote candidates.
We specialize in B2B digital marketing for clients in the financial tech (Fintech) industry as well as other tech sectors and are looking for a creative mind with business acumen to help translate marketing goals into effective content for digital campaigns. Experience in the Fintech industry is a big plus, but we’ll also consider candidates with seasoned B2B writing experience who are passionate about learning the Fintech space.
We have a beautiful office overlooking Millennium Park and Lake Michigan that is available for our freelance writers to use. You will also communicate with the team via Zoom, Slack and other collaboration tools.
- Create on-strategy content for use on websites, in media campaigns, emails and whitepapers, ensuring copy will support the brand goals and drive conversions.
- Work collaboratively with teams to successfully marry content and visual design for the greatest impact.
- Dive in deep to understand our target audiences’ needs and pain points and craft effective copy accordingly.
- Ensure copy tone and style are consistent with brand guidelines and work well with the visual direction.
- Partner with SEO to ensure content meets strategic needs for organic visibility without negatively impacting the quality of storytelling.
- Maintain high standards of copywriting, editing, and proofing.
- Present work and sell through rationale to internal and external stakeholders.
What we’re looking for:
- You have a passion for discovering new ways to tell a brand’s story that builds relationships with their customers.
- You have an ability to write in a variety of styles for diverse audiences, adapting your voice to each project with ease.
- You have experience writing for digital platforms and understand how content is best consumed.
- You take personal accountability to ensure the copy and story performs well against business goals.
- You have an appreciation for the relationship between copy and visual design.
- You have strong organizational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines without hand-holding.
- You work collaboratively, take constructive feedback well and can apply direction without losing your point of view.
- You are energized by presenting work and connecting stakeholders with your strategies and perspective.
- A solid portfolio of digital work.
The ideal candidate for this position will have at least 5-7 years of professional digital experience, and a solid portfolio submitted with their resume.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not currently accepting phone calls about employment opportunities. In addition, we cannot pay for relocation expenses or act as an immigration sponsor at this time, nor is this position eligible for telecommuting. Please visit our website to learn more about Envisionit: http://www.envisionitagency.com
Envisionit is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Envisionit. Enjoy your agency™
To learn more about Enjoy your agency™, visit us on Instagram!
“Smart, fun people. Caring leadership. Great work-life balance. Very transparent business that goes out of their way to encourage open communication. Impressive work quality and results - well beyond what I have seen at other agencies. Located next to millennium park with beautiful views of the city and lake..”