Envisionit, an award-winning digital agency in Chicago, is seeking a Freelance Visual Designer to join our team both for short-term opportunities we have available immediately and to establish a long-term relationship for future needs. We are looking for a creative soul with a passion for concepting and designing high-performing digital campaigns and experiences. You must be experienced in designing for digital platforms, including display, social media, landing pages, and email. You will be stepping into a variety of projects across a number of clients and we are open to both local and remote candidates.
We have a beautiful office overlooking Millennium Park and Lake Michigan that is available for our freelancers to use. You will also communicate with the team via Zoom, Slack and other collaboration tools. We have a very collaborative environment where you’ll work with a talented team that likes to have fun!
A brief POV on the role:
“I’m inspired by the visual world and enjoy developing thoughtful designs for digital campaigns and web destinations. I am great at communicating a brand through the visual lens and partner with writers and strategists to develop winning executions that accomplish results. When it comes to web design, I am strong at both the page-level experience as well as the overall brand application. I prioritize information, apply best practices for standard usability principles and ensure the site effectively supports conversion objectives.”
If this sounds like you, we’d love to connect!
- Design on-strategy visuals for digital campaigns, web destinations, and other general content distribution needs (infographics, layouts, etc.).
- Collaborate with writers to develop ideas and refine layout and hierarchy based on goals and requirements.
- Apply the visual identity system to web destinations (i.e. color, photography, typography).
- Ensure visual design follows best practices for usability and driving conversion.
- Collaborate with client services team to ensure design effort remains within scope.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who is organized, detail-oriented and is able to work within the constraint of deadlines.
- The ability to present design work with solid strategic reasoning for the approach.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and familiarity with Sketch.
- A solid portfolio of digital work.
The ideal candidate for this position will have at least 3-5 years of professional digital experience, and a solid portfolio submitted with their resume.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not currently accepting phone calls about employment opportunities. In addition, we cannot pay for relocation expenses or act as an immigration sponsor at this time, nor is this position eligible for telecommuting. Please visit our website to learn more about us: http://www.envisionitagency.com
Envisionit is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Envisionit. Enjoy your agency™
To learn more about Enjoy your agency™, visit us on Instagram!
“Smart, fun people. Caring leadership. Great work-life balance. Very transparent business that goes out of their way to encourage open communication. Impressive work quality and results - well beyond what I have seen at other agencies. Located next to millennium park with beautiful views of the city and lake..”