We are Envisionit, an award-winning digital marketing agency based in Chicago. We’re seeking a Media Insights & Analytics Specialist that has depth in paid media platforms and web analytics. Someone who finds energy in discovering campaign goals, setting up measurement systems, and reporting on campaign performance. This is a key role for our team who relies heavily on the integrity of data insights to understand and drive high-performing campaigns.
We are headquartered in Chicago and have a beautiful office overlooking Millennium Park and Lake Michigan that is available for our employees to use while practicing social distancing guidelines, however we are currently allowing the entire business to work remotely from home and will be making future determinations about 2021 as we know more. Above all, we are prioritizing our employees’ health and safety.
What’s in it for you:
- A work family filled with smart, fun and talented people
- A culture that encourages collaboration and discourages ego
- A client roster stacked with fun and forward-thinking industries (Tech, CPG, Travel and Hospitality)
- A stable workplace with a 5-year average employee tenure and competitively low turnover rate - people like it here!
Measurement, Tracking and Tagging: A fundamental pillar of this role is the ability to discover and implement needs for measuring website and digital media campaign performance for channels including paid search, paid social, partner direct and programmatic. This includes:
- Setting up measurement criteria: Work with your account team and other key stakeholders to determine KPIs, metrics and benchmarks we want to measure to understand campaign performance (ex. impressions, clicks, CTR, Cost per lead, site actions, etc.).
- Defining data sources for measurement: Help determine where we will be getting the data we need to reach our measurement criteria goals including (but not limited to) Google Analytics, various digital media platforms and client data sources.
- Tagging / tracking implementation: You will be implementing all tagging/tracking including adding pixels, UTMs, tags via Google Tag Manager and other relevant implementations to ensure our KPIs/metrics are set up to be measured correctly.
- Measurement QA: Not only will you be the implementor, you’ll also be monitoring consistently to ensure everything is reporting correctly and functioning as it should be, setting up check-in meetings with relevant team members as needed. You’ll diagnose issues with configurations and tags, and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Process management: You’ll develop and maintain necessary documentation and organized processes for requests (such as adding pixels, tags, etc), approval and management for yourself and your collaborating stakeholders.
- Platform expertise and best practices: As the analytics lead for the agency, you’ll be in charge of maintaining and communicating industry best practices and changes in analytics platforms. You’ll identify how changes may impact existing clients and educate your peers accordingly. You’ll consult with external and internal stakeholders directly when needed to ensure successful implementations.
Campaign Performance Reporting: In addition to setting up the successful measurement of campaigns, you’ll be in charge of putting together reports that tell the performance story. This includes:
- Aggregating data: Pull data from various sources, and follow up with media partners (i.e. direct buys, publishers, etc.).
- Data visualization/presentation: Build out client reporting dashboards and presentations that highlight the KPIs and organize the information elegantly using tools that include Google Data Studio, Powerpoint and Excel. Assist with building an integrated reporting tool that combines performance reporting with pacing.
- Maintain reporting integrity: Ensure all data within the dashboards and reports we share with our clients is correct and all feed sources are functioning properly.
What we’re looking for:
- Expert proficiency with Google Tag Manager, Data Studio, Google Optimize, Google Analytics
- Knowledge and experience with digital media channels/platforms either in a management or analytics capacity, including Adwords, Bing, DCM, programmatic, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin
- The coding knowledge and competency necessary for implementing tagging/tracking and communicating effectively with developers and IT
- A good “front-stage” presence and desire to collaborate directly with clients and internal stakeholders to educate and ensure successful implementations
- A personality that thrives on digging deep to discover and communicate results and campaign successes
- An analytical mind with sharp attention to detail; a stickler for quality and someone who naturally double and triple checks work
- A team player! You’ll be surrounded by an engaged team that depends heavily on the knowledge you’re bringing - this is both an analytical role AND a collaborative role, so solid communication skills are key
- An organized, self-starter with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet goals and timelines, even when tight
The ideal candidate for this position will have at least 3 years of professional experience working directly with paid media and digital analytics platforms. Bonus would include bringing an understanding of integration, tracking and metrics for CRM platforms (Salesforce, Marketo, Padot) and e-comm platforms (Amazon, Shopify, Walmart and Google shopping).
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not currently accepting phone calls about employment opportunities. In addition, we cannot pay for relocation expenses or act as an immigration sponsor at this time, nor is this position eligible for telecommuting. Please visit our website to learn more about Envisionit: http://www.envisionitagency.com
Envisionit is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Envisionit. Enjoy your agency™
To learn more about our culture, visit us on Instagram! (@envisionitagency)
“Smart, fun people. Caring leadership. Great work-life balance. Very transparent business that goes out of their way to encourage open communication. Impressive work quality and results - well beyond what I have seen at other agencies. Located next to millennium park with beautiful views of the city and lake..”