envisionit, an award-winning digital marketing agency based in Chicago, is seeking an Senior SEO Manager to join our growing team. Our clients span a number of industries from Emerging Tech to Travel & Leisure and our teams boast many talents across the ever-evolving spectrum of digital. We believe firmly you should enjoy what you do every day, so we make passion a priority. We develop campaigns built to compel and digital experiences that inspire engagement, providing the variety and challenges you crave. As an SEO Manager at envisionit, you will work alongside a tight-knit bunch of seriously talented people who genuinely like each other, have fun, and work hard for the collective success. Not to mention, we have the backdrop of a pretty phenomenal view. Millennium Park, Lake Michigan, the Bean...inspiration is just a window glance away.
A brief POV on the role:
“My experience and wisdom make me a subject matter expert on all things SEO. I provide thoughtful approaches and tangible plans to expand my clients’ organic footprint. I lead by example, and am always looking for ways to elevate the agency’s offering. I feel personally accountable for the overall performance of each of the clients I work on. My reporting is accurate and tells a clear performance story for clients. I’m passionate about my craft and am always looking for new opportunities to drive results.”
- Oversee the strategy and deliverables of agency’s SEO clients – owning specific accounts and providing senior leadership support to team members in their delivery
- Leverage data and competitive assessments to develop strategic SEO roadmaps for our clients, identifying short and long-term opportunities for growth
- Develop and implement clients’ ongoing organic search strategies
- Day-to-day optimization of SEO accounts
- Work alongside the development team to implement “best in class” SEO for new websites and redesign projects
- Act as an SEO evangelist, always looking to innovate while mitigating risk for our clients, with respect to their organic efforts
- Communicate program performance to clients in a clear and concise way
- Work with Analytics team to create reporting structures and measurement
- Provide expertise and education in regards to SEO to the agency and clients
- Add to the agency’s intellectual capital through case studies, blog posts, whitepapers and POVs
What we’re looking for:
- Someone that lives and breathes SEO (no less than 5 years experience) and gains energy from innovating within the channel
- A results-driven individual that is innately accountable and thrives on the success of their organic programs
- A master at explaining performance to internal and client stakeholders, taking time to educate and provide actionable insights
- Someone who enjoys spending time with clients and explaining recommendations to guide them towards success - a true partner
- An energetic and collaborative team player who can both give and take constructive feedback
- Someone who is naturally very detail-oriented and can’t help but ensure the highest quality of work in what they deliver
- A leader by nature, demonstrating a “can-do” attitude and providing solutions to challenges, even under tight deadlines
- Strong experience with Google Analytics, Search Console, and third party tools (e.g. Moz, SEMRush, BrightEdge, etc)
- Knowledge and experience with leveraging PPC data for organic search
- Experience working on website optimization with an understanding of HTML/CSS
- Experience with both B2B and B2C SEO programs
- A team player that is an asset to the agency, willing to work on internal initiatives, share knowledge and thought leadership in service of education and promoting agency expertise
Salary will be commensurate with experience. And our benefits are pretty sweet, too.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not currently accepting phone calls about employment opportunities. In addition, we cannot pay for relocation expenses or act as an immigration sponsor at this time, nor is this position eligible for telecommuting. Please visit our website to learn more about envisionit.
envisionit is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
envisionit. Enjoy your agency™
To learn more about Enjoy your agency™, visit us on Instagram!
“Smart, fun people. Caring leadership. Great work-life balance. Very transparent business that goes out of their way to encourage open communication. Impressive work quality and results - well beyond what I have seen at other agencies. Located next to millennium park with beautiful views of the city and lake..”