Envisionit, an award-winning digital marketing agency, is looking to hire a motivated Technology Director with a track record in successfully connecting business needs with high-impact technology solutions.
This position sits on our Executive Leadership Team and will closely collaborate with leaders in Media, Creative, Business Development and Operations to innovate, grow the business and scale the tech offering within the agency. You will regularly consult with clients to understand their business and devise solutions that will help them efficiently achieve their goals. You will lead and mentor a team of web developers, SEO managers, analytics specialists and QA analysts. You will uncover solutions and provide strategies that may fall outside of your personal experiences, using external partners to help guide and support us on the journey.
While you have a team of specialists to work with, you are ultimately accountable for:
- Team leadership and management
- The success of our websites and landing page development
- 3rd party integrations & partnerships
- Search engine optimization
- High integrity tracking and analytics implementation
- Effective web support & maintenance programs
What we’re looking for:
- A natural leader that exudes confidence, positivity, motivation and empathy; someone who brings the best out in people and the room is better because they are in it
- Someone with business acumen and a passion for solving business challenges with technology
- Someone with a true desire to embrace a multi-faceted approach to tech strategies that include web development, CMS platforms, software integrations, email/marketing automation platforms, data analytics and other relevant marketing technologies as the industry evolves
- A team player that genuinely thrives from working with people - whether that be clients, peer leaders or teams that need guidance and mentoring
- An innovative soul that isn’t scared of continually trying or learning new things in the name of progress
Team leadership and management
- Day-to-day management of the Technology Team which involves instilling vision, mentoring, coaching, removing obstacles, making decisions, helping individuals grow/reach professional goals and providing frequent feedback to drive top performance
- Direct a team of external partners, contractors, and consultants when internal resources are not available; make recommendations for areas we should consistently look to outsourced solutions in order to maximize high-value activities for the in-house Tech Team
- Hire and develop the best talent, working closely with HR to continually enhance our recruiting, onboarding, and training programs to support a best-in-class technology organization
Websites / landing page development
- Engage with clients, prospects and agency team members to provide consulting that connects our efforts to target outcomes
- Effective & efficient development of websites and landing pages that achieve project goals/outcomes
- Ensure effort matches value and when it does not, identify alternative options
- Ensure optimal user experience through partnerships with Creative and UX
- Identify and manage external platforms, partners and services to improve performance, profitability and productivity and ensure we are capable of a smooth delivery
3rd party integrations & partnerships
- Provide solutions for integration of 3rd party providers (i.e. CRM, media, analytics, etc)
- Identify and manage 3rd party overflow teams to support business needs
- Lead consulting efforts with 3rd parties to map out solutions that solve client needs
Search engine optimization
- Provide strategic guidance on SEO as it relates to both content and technology
- Remain up-to-date with industry trends and own our agency's POV
- Deliver innovative capabilities & processes to keep us ahead of the competition
Tracking and analytics implementation
- Ensure all websites and landing pages related to our initiatives are effectively tracking campaign performance
- Ensure tracking and analytics implementations generate high-value insights
- Ensure baseline analytics exist on all web properties developed by our agency
- Uncover opportunities to improve conversion results
Support & maintenance
- Own the support and maintenance program offering, revisiting/evolving where necessary
- Ensure timely support is provided to clients with clear expectation management
- Ensure maintenance is managed proactively with proper status reporting
The ideal candidate for this position will have at least 3-5 years in a managerial or leadership position.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. And our benefits are pretty sweet, too.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not currently accepting phone calls about employment opportunities. In addition, we cannot pay for relocation expenses or act as an immigration sponsor at this time, nor is this position eligible for telecommuting. Please visit our website to learn more about Envisionit: http://www.envisionitagency.com
Envisionit is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Envisionit. Enjoy your agency™
To learn more about our mantra, Enjoy your agency™, visit us on Instagram!
“Smart, fun people. Caring leadership. Great work-life balance. Very transparent business that goes out of their way to encourage open communication. Impressive work quality and results - well beyond what I have seen at other agencies. Located next to millennium park with beautiful views of the city and lake..”