Envisionit, an award-winning digital marketing agency based in Chicago, is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to join our growing team. Our clients span a number of industries and our teams boast many talents across the spectrum of digital, web and software. We firmly believe you should enjoy what you do every day, so we make passion a priority. You will work alongside a tight-knit bunch of seriously talented people who genuinely like each other, have fun and work hard for the collective success. Not to mention, we have the backdrop of a pretty phenomenal view: Millennium Park, Lake Michigan, the Bean - inspiration is just a window glance away.
Does the following sound like you? You love trying to break software and websites. As a motivated self-starter, your passion for problem solving, obsession with details and determination to crush bugs inspires confidence in your team members. You’re energized working with developers and project managers to document test plans and execute test cases from design documentation and functional specifications. You pride yourself in your ability to prioritize and recognize when some issues need immediate attention. Your proactive nature is appreciated by your peers and reflective in your work when analyzing results and documenting issues. Your mission is to ensure timely, defect-free delivery of assigned projects.
- Execute manual and automated tests for software builds within CMS-driven websites and web applications
- Develop, execute and maintain test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test scripts in an Agile/Scrum team environment; ensure requirements are documented and test-able
- Facilitate the defect management and triage process for assigned projects
- Validate data quality
- Collaborate with the business and development teams to troubleshoot and resolve defects and other related issues
- Track and report on test status using established QA metrics and KPIs
- Provide estimates associated with testing activities and tasks
- Provide input on go/no-go decisions for production releases
- Monitor software releases to identify changes that affect the platform, assess risk for each release, and write/execute test scripts appropriate for the acceptance of the release
What we’re looking for:
- Experience working in a marketing/advertising agency setting
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work on concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Solid understanding of both agile/scrum and waterfall approaches
- Proficiency with executing and coordinating integration, system, regression and user acceptance testing
- Experience performing API testing
- Proficiency in establishing/documenting/executing test strategies/plans/cases from business and functional requirements
- An understanding of all web browsers and familiarity of different mobile device market share, versions, and functionality
- Experience using software for specifying test requirements, planning tests, running tests and tracking defects is a huge plus - experience with Zephyr for JIRA is a huge plus
- Experience with implementing automated testing software (Selenium or other testing software)
- Ability to write simple code such as HTML and CSS is a plus
- An innovative spirit - the ability to develop, implement and improve innovative QA capabilities, approaches and services
What’s in it for you:
- A tremendous opportunity to drive the growth of your career in a very entrepreneurial, nimble and open-minded organization
- A real voice in the company - your ideas and feedback will have an impact, guaranteed
- A supportive and collaborative leadership structure that truly cares about the people
- A smart, innovative and fun-loving group of people to call your work family
- A stable workplace with a 5-year average employee tenure and competitively low turnover rate - people like it here!
The ideal candidate for this position will have 4+ years of QA experience with 2+ years of experience in automated testing.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not currently accepting phone calls about employment opportunities. In addition, we cannot pay for relocation expenses or act as an immigration sponsor at this time, nor is this position eligible for telecommuting. Please visit our website to learn more about Envisionit: http://www.envisionitagency.com
Envisionit is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Envisionit. Enjoy your agency™
To learn more about how we enjoy our agency, visit us on Instagram!
“Smart, fun people. Caring leadership. Great work-life balance. Very transparent business that goes out of their way to encourage open communication. Impressive work quality and results - well beyond what I have seen at other agencies. Located next to millennium park with beautiful views of the city and lake..”