Do you love writing and planning digital content? Are you a curious traveler who has a running bucket list of all the places you want to visit and the festivals, restaurants, and museums you want to experience? If so, let’s talk.
Envisionit, an award-winning digital agency in Chicago, has an exciting opening for a Content Manager with strong copywriting skills who’s ready to own content planning, management and copywriting in the tourism space. This will be the opportunity to gain ultimate visibility for an exciting regional destination and own its online brand and content strategy.
We firmly believe you should enjoy what you do every day, so we make collaboration and growth a priority. As a Content Manager at Envisionit, you will work alongside a tight-knit bunch of seriously talented people who genuinely like each other, have fun and work hard for the collective success.
If you are equal parts strategist, journalist, writer, ideator, editor, proofreader, and a true travel-lover, please drop us a line.
First and foremost, as the Content Manager, you’ll craft content for a web redesign, first auditing existing content in comparison with the organization’s goals and brand messaging and determining how to best drive the digital content strategy and execution. From there, you’ll work with your internal team, external partners, and clients to craft website content that firmly positions the region as a can't-miss travel destination with a strong eye for SEO visibility. After the website project is complete, you’ll drive the content strategy for the website and craft content that positions the organization for the long haul.
Website Strategy and Content
- Audit existing website content for relevance and quality, assessing it against insights, marketing objectives, and content strategy
- Define a content strategy for guiding short-term and long-term editorial goals
- Outline an ideal user experience that guides users through dreaming, considering, and booking
- Collaborate closely with SEO, internal stakeholders, and strategy experts to determine proper content needed for visibility and marketing goals
- Craft a website experience that gets potential travelers dreaming about traveling with strong storytelling and positioning
- Optimize key website pages based on target SEO keywords, and create new pages to fill gaps in content pillars and keyword opportunities
- Research and organize facts and sources for website content, speaking with primary research sources when necessary
- Drive and implement SEO best practices, including content and keyword optimizations to drive traffic online
Editing & Proofreading
- Edit and proof content across multiple formats for all relevant channels
- Ensure all-around consistency for style, voice and tone
- Pay very close attention to detail, showing off your skills in near-perfect grammar and proficiency in editing
- Serve as the final content gatekeeper to ensure editorial best practices and brand alignment are maintained
Ongoing Content Maintenance & Management
- Post-launch, manage all content creation efforts - assigning, scheduling, and reviewing content from our clients’ external and internal contributors, and ensuring projects are executed on time
- Collaborate with internal and external client teams to consistently generate new ideas for buzzworthy content
- Schedule and conduct ongoing content audits on the website, to ensure all content is up-to-date and on strategy
- Develop and maintain editorial calendar throughout the year, evolving as needed
- Recommend how to evolve topics and formats, to increase audience engagement and interaction with content
- Research subject matter developments, industries and trends, suggesting new or updated content strategies
Communication & Team Collaboration
- Work with agency team, external brand vendors and internal sales teams and stakeholders to understand growth goals, key selling points, and salient themes in the market to ensure new content is compelling, insightful and aligned with business objectives.
- Be a highly accountable individual, doing your part alongside project managers, designers, web team and others to meet collective success
- Be comfortable and skilled at presenting your ideas and work to clients and internal stakeholders, clearly explaining rationale and recommendations
- Have fun with the team, clients and partnerships, building relationships and camaraderie for an all-around positive working environment
- 5+ years copywriting or journalism with relevant work samples - experience with a DMO and/or lifestyle blogging experience is a plus
- Strong editing and proofreading skills with exceptional attention to detail
- High level understanding of SEO best practices with a willingness to learn more
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently across multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience entering content directly into a website CMS or willingness to learn, post launch
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent writing projects to deadline without sacrificing quality
- Proven experience working in a team environment; Interpersonal skills must be stellar
Portfolio samples are required for consideration, please either include your portfolio URL in your resume, or upload writing samples with your resume as a single PDF.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not currently accepting phone calls about employment opportunities. In addition, we cannot pay for relocation expenses or act as an immigration sponsor at this time, nor is this position eligible for telecommuting. Please visit our website to learn more about Envisionit.
Envisionit is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Envisionit. Enjoy your agency™
“Smart, fun people. Caring leadership. Great work-life balance. Very transparent business that goes out of their way to encourage open communication. Impressive work quality and results - well beyond what I have seen at other agencies. Located next to millennium park with beautiful views of the city and lake..”