About this position
Envisionit is a creative digital marketing agency that has been engaged in the Tourism industry for more than 2 decades. After seeing the challenges facing destination marketers firsthand, we saw an opportunity to bring learnings from our experience in high-demand growth verticals to meet those challenges with new thinking and drive innovation for an industry we’d grown to love.
We are always looking for a strategic-minded Sales Managers that posess a deep understanding of the tourism industry and a passion for seeing it evolve beyond the status quo. This role would operate as a consultant and trusted advisor for senior marketers, thinking strategically about each destination’s goals and challenges, to develop compelling value propositions leveraging the agency’s points of difference and robust set of offerings.
This role is designed for someone who has an existing network of relationships across the destination marketing landscape. This person should have a strong desire to connect their network to talent and ideas that make an impact and push innovation for an industry desperately in need of it.
Achieve established sales and revenue goals by selling the company’s products and services to new and existing clients
Develop and execute an effective direct sales plan and strategy, and ongoing sales process
Manage all aspects of both new and existing client sales, including the formulation of target lists and new account strategies
Execute full sales transactions: from prospecting, nurturing the relationship, creating the opportunity, negotiating, through to closing of the sale
Pursue new sales opportunities identified by the segmentation process
Analyze long-term patterns in sales, and create plans that address forecasted trends and contingency plans
Maintain and build target account list
Report on financial projections
Articulate specific customer requests and needs to the business areas concerned (product and marketing, operations, client service and technology development) to ensure that product delivery will meet client expectations in a cost-effective and timely manner
Manage relationships with a variety of styles, types, and classes appropriate for a diverse organization
Develop valuable networks, finding common ground within and outside the organization
Consistently acts with high character in line with company principles and values, directy and truthfully
Prospecting & Solutioning
Own large brand relationships with senior marketers at destination marketing organizations, understanding their strategic brand objectives, identifying opportunities, and ultimately helping to drive strategic value and new revenue for the agency
Lead strategic sales development strategies across the client and translate deep understanding of the client’s needs with the agency’s solutions, fostering strategic partner status within the brand’s marketing leaders including tech and data and analytics
Drive and own the RFP and pitch process for new qualified leads, pulling in the right supporting roles as needed
Communicate goals, strategies, plans, expectations and performance metrics across the organization
Partner with marketing to develop high-value content for ABM programs based on target list
Identify, build, and maintain a sales pipeline, sales funnel, and revenue forecast on a timely basis, within an approved budget
Experience and Skills:
- INTEGRATED MARKETING – Must have significant, well-rounded marketing experience for complex destination marketing programs and development initiatives
- SALES ORIENTATION – Must be able to have accountability for a growth target, identifying opportunities and building the pipeline to proactively achieve it
- ENGAGING PRESENCE – Must be able to command attention and respect from both clients and coworkers
- TRUSTED ADVISOR/CLIENT PARTNER – Must be able to establish and nurture relationships with clients as a credible marketing partner who can be called upon to help solve a full range of marketing challenges
- AUTONOMOUS, TEAM PLAYER – Must have the ability to balance being a self-starter with utilizing the entire ‘toolbox’ of talent & knowledge within DestinationENV’s walls
- CONNECTOR - Must be able to build relationships internally to ensure that the right teams/disciplines are utilized for specific client opportunities
- COMMUNICATOR – Must be adept at navigating cross-functional teams and resources and leading these groups with clear briefs and deadlines
This is a unique opportunity to invest your industry experience into a progressive entrepreneurial environment with a tremendous culture that is changing the way destination leaders think about their marketing programs and agency partnerships. With remote work options and a competitive compensation package, are you ready to move yourself and the industry forward? If so, we’d love to meet you!
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility - We strive to support our employees and understand that life is complex with a lot of moving parts. We offer a hybrid in-office/remote environment, generous PTO, summer Fridays and floating holidays beyond the standard holidays.
- Growth opportunities - Every employee has regular check-ins with managers to discuss priorities and goal progress, peer feedback and a framework to share career goals and passions. We are proud to say many people on our leadership team have grown through the ranks of the agency!
- Transparency - We have regular, anonymous surveys for you to share your feedback, an open door policy, regular agency meetings and a suggestion box that is always open for you to share your thoughts and ideas.
- Commitment to company culture - We have a recognition system that is employee-led, a diversity and inclusion committee, monthly events to bring employees together in-person and even weekly happy hours!
- Commitment to serve - We offer every employee a paid day off each year to volunteer for a cause they are passionate about, and give them the opportunity to share this cause with the rest of the company.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not currently accepting phone calls about employment opportunities or application status. In addition, we cannot pay for relocation expenses or act as an immigration sponsor at this time. Please peruse our website and socials to learn more about us: http://www.envisionitagency.com
Envisionit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with diverse strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for the work we do. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility. Envisionit is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, contact HR Manager, Ali Aguilar at [email protected] or 312-262-6602.
Envisionit. Enjoy your agency™