Envisionit, an award-winning digital agency in Chicago is seeking a Media Director to lead the Media Team and drive vision for media strategies and program offerings for clients in Emerging Tech, CPG, Hospitality and Travel spaces, among other exciting industries. This position sits on our Executive Leadership Team and will closely collaborate with leaders in Tech, Creative, Business Development and Operations to innovate, grow the business and scale the media offering within the agency.
You will ensure that we are evolving alongside the industry and providing clear value for our clients. You will interact daily with agency teams and client leadership. You will lead and mentor a team of paid media and analytics specialists towards achieving high-performing programs.
While you have a team of specialists to work with, you are ultimately accountable for:
- Media strategy and solutions
- Overall performance of media campaigns
- High-value reporting and insights
- Thought leadership and innovation in our offering
- Contribution to proposals and pitches
- Leadership and management of the Media Team
What we’re looking for:
- A seasoned digital media expert that takes a holistic approach to planning using multi-channel strategies - must have a very strong command of paid search, paid social, programmatic and partner-direct channels as well as media analytics
- Someone who has deep experience with both B2B and B2C media programs
- A natural leader that exudes confidence, positivity, motivation and empathy who is energized by coaching and mentoring others
- Someone with business acumen and a true passion for solving business challenges who is motivated by making an impact on a client’s bottom line
- A collaborative spirit who respects what Creative and Tech bring to the table; a desire to work across the aisle to create and optimize high-performing marketing programs
- A team player that genuinely thrives from working with people, whether that be clients, peer leaders or direct reports
- An innovative soul that isn’t scared of continually trying or learning new things in the name of progress
What’s in it for you:
- A tremendous opportunity to drive the growth of your career within a very entrepreneurial, nimble and open-minded organization
- A real voice in the company - your ideas, plans and feedback will have an impact, guaranteed
- A supportive and collaborative leadership structure that truly cares about their people
- A smart, innovative and fun-loving group of people to call your work family
- A stable workplace with a 5-year average employee tenure - people like it here!
You’ve done this before:
- Have had field experience as a channel specialist or media planner in both B2B and B2C
- Developed high-performing, multi-channel digital programs within an agency setting
- Nailed how to successfully pitch a media plan and communicate predictive performance in a compelling way
- Proven yourself to be a valuable and trusted asset to clients
- Been integral to the growth and success of an agency
- Thrived as a team leader, mentor and manager
- Presented as an expert thought leader in front of clients, peers, and at industry events
- Held a leadership position for at least 3 years
The ideal candidate for this position will have at least 7-10 years of professional experience in a digital media capacity. It is ideal if you have experience in two or more of our core industries which includes CPG, Hospitality, Travel/Tourism and Emerging Tech.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not currently accepting phone calls about employment opportunities. In addition, we cannot pay for relocation expenses or act as an immigration sponsor at this time, nor is this position eligible for telecommuting. Please visit our website to learn more about envisionit: http://www.envisionitagency.com
Envisionit is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Envisionit. Enjoy your agency™
To learn more about our culture, visit us on Instagram!
“Smart, fun people. Caring leadership. Great work-life balance. Very transparent business that goes out of their way to encourage open communication. Impressive work quality and results - well beyond what I have seen at other agencies. Located next to millennium park with beautiful views of the city and lake..”