Envisionit, an award-winning digital marketing agency based in Chicago, is seeking a Senior Web Developer to join our growing team. Our clients span a number of industries including CPG, Emerging Tech, Hospitality and Travel and our teams boast many talents across the spectrum of digital. You will work alongside a tight-knit bunch of seriously talented people who genuinely like each other, have fun and work hard for the collective success.
We are headquartered in Chicago and have a beautiful office overlooking Millennium Park and Lake Michigan that is available for our employees to use while practicing social distancing guidelines, however for now, we are allowing the entire business to work remotely from home and will be making future determinations about 2021 as we know more. Above all, we are prioritizing our employees’ health and safety.
As a Senior Web Developer, you will work on a dedicated product team with other Developers, a Product Manager, and UX throughout the software development life cycle. You are responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be building and integrating the front-end elements into the application. You will also be responsible for the development of server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- Develop, maintain, and architect Laravel application features and integrations
- Collaborate with team members to conceptualize and implement core features
- Provide technical leadership to other team members
- Communicate effectively with shareholders to understand business requirements
- Translate prototypes/mockups into interactive application interfaces
- Provide post-launch support of new features
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex problems
- Propose and implement system optimizations
- Protect the integrity and stability of the application
- Manage application dependencies
- Share technical knowledge with other developers
- Ensure code is following current best practices
- Contribute to the improvement of development processes
- Encourage innovation using modern technology solutions
- Stay up-to-date with new trends in web and software development
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with PHP and Laravel (or similar) framework development
- Experience with traditional SQL database systems such as MySQL
- Experience with Git or other VCS
- Experience with Linux/NGINX
- Experience with Less or similar CSS preprocessor
- Experience building applications at scale
What’s in it for you
- A tremendous opportunity to drive the growth of your career in a very entrepreneurial, nimble and open-minded organization.
- A real voice in the company - your ideas and feedback will have an impact, guaranteed.
- A supportive and collaborative leadership structure that truly cares about the people.
- A smart, innovative and fun-loving group of people to call your work family.
- A stable workplace with a 5-year average employee tenure and competitively low turnover rate - people like it here!
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not currently accepting phone calls about employment opportunities. In addition, we cannot pay for relocation expenses or act as an immigration sponsor at this time, nor is this position eligible for telecommuting. Please visit our website to learn more about us: http://www.envisionitagency.com
Envisionit is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Envisionit. Enjoy your agency™
To learn more about Enjoy your agency™, visit us on Instagram!
“Smart, fun people. Caring leadership. Great work-life balance. Very transparent business that goes out of their way to encourage open communication. Impressive work quality and results - well beyond what I have seen at other agencies. Located next to millennium park with beautiful views of the city and lake..”