Envisionit, an award-winning digital marketing agency based in Chicago, is hiring a Copywriter to join our growing team. Our clients span a number of industries including CPG, Tech, Hospitality and Travel. You will work alongside a tight-knit bunch of seriously talented people who genuinely like each other, have fun and work hard for the collective success.
We are headquartered in Chicago and have a beautiful office overlooking Millennium Park and Lake Michigan that is available for our employees to use while practicing social distancing guidelines, however for now, we are allowing the entire business to work remotely from home and will be making future determinations about 2021 as we know more. Above all, we are prioritizing our employees’ health and safety.
About the role:
We’re looking for a digital storyteller with a natural sense of curiosity. Someone who loves to dive in deep to understand various industries and get to know our clients and their customers. As a copywriter on our team, you can be counted on to craft compelling, results-driven copy for projects of all kinds—from big campaign ideas and social and display copy to long-form websites and messaging platforms. And you can deliver even without tons of oversight or direction. You’re collaborative not only with the creative directors and designers on your team, but you can easily partner with team members across media, technology, and client services.
- Bring digital campaigns to life from concepting to execution, collaborating with your design partners and creative directors to tell strategic, compelling brand stories that convert and get results.
- Work with design partners and media experts to optimize campaign and ad-unit copy (banners, videos, paid search, social posts).
- Craft stunning user experiences in websites and landing pages by planning, organizing, and developing content that connects with users while supporting campaign goals and SEO objectives.
- Develop or refine brand verbal identities with positioning, messaging pillars, key messaging, and voice and tone.
- Present work and sell through rationale to both clients and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure copy tone and style are consistent with visual tone and style
- Maintain high standards of copywriting, editing and proofing.
What we’re looking for:
- You have a passion for the written word, and you’re always looking for new ways to tell a brand’s story that builds relationships with their customers.
- You have an ability to write in a variety of styles for diverse audiences, adapting your voice to each project with ease.
- You have natural drive and ambition, and you’re always looking for opportunities to stretch and grow in your craft.
- You’re a multi-tasker who can juggle multiple projects at once.
- You take personal accountability to ensure the copy and story performs well against business goals.
- You have an appreciation for the relationship between copy and visual design.
- You have strong organizational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines without hand-holding.
- You work collaboratively, take constructive feedback well and can apply direction without losing your point of view.
- You enjoy presenting work and connecting clients with your strategies and perspective.
- You can showcase a solid portfolio of digital work.
What’s in it for you:
- A tremendous opportunity to drive the growth of your career in a very entrepreneurial, nimble and open-minded organization.
- The ability to make a true impact in what we recommend to our clients (it’s actually an expectation).
- Variety in your day-to-day in terms of clients and projects. We have clients across multiple industries.
- A real voice in the company - your ideas and feedback will have an impact, guaranteed.
- A supportive and collaborative leadership structure that truly cares about their people.
- A smart, innovative and fun-loving group of people to call your work family.
- A stable workplace with a 5-year average employee tenure and competitively low turnover rate - people like it here!
The ideal candidate for this position will have at least 3-5 years of professional digital experience. Writing samples required, please include digital portfolio URL at time of submission.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not currently accepting phone calls about employment opportunities. In addition, we cannot pay for relocation expenses or act as an immigration sponsor at this time, nor is this position eligible for telecommuting. Please visit our website to learn more about Envisionit: http://www.envisionitagency.com
Envisionit is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Envisionit. Enjoy your agency™
To learn more about how we enjoy our agency, visit us on Instagram!
“Smart, fun people. Caring leadership. Great work-life balance. Very transparent business that goes out of their way to encourage open communication. Impressive work quality and results - well beyond what I have seen at other agencies. Located next to millennium park with beautiful views of the city and lake..”