We are Envisionit, an award-winning digital marketing agency. We’re seeking a Copywriter with a digital agency background, who can write to both B2B and B2C audiences, and has major chops writing for digital ad campaigns, social media, landing pages, and websites—with a portfolio to prove it. You will be a member of the Creative Team and work in a collaborative environment to help translate marketing goals into attention-grabbing, results-driven content for digital campaigns.
Our clients span a number of industries, with Tech and CPG a focus, and our teams boast many talents across the spectrum of digital. We firmly believe you should enjoy what you do every day, so we make passion a priority. You will work with a tight-knit bunch of seriously talented people who genuinely like each other, have fun and work together for the collective success.
We are headquartered in Chicago and have a beautiful office overlooking Millennium Park and Lake Michigan that is available for our employees to use, as well as a flexible work-from-home option.
A few stand-out points:
- You will have a true impact and a say in what we recommend to our clients (it’s actually an expectation).
- Our clients are motivated, so you will see the results of your work out in the world (no endless revision loops).
- Dive in deep to understand our target audiences’ needs and pain points and craft effective copy accordingly.
- Create on-strategy content for media campaigns, websites, emails and whitepapers, ensuring copy will support the brand goals and drive conversions.
- Work collaboratively with teams to successfully marry content and visual design for the greatest impact.
- Collaborate with analytics and media departments to understand the performance of the content you’ve written and recommend tweaks where appropriate to increase conversions.
- Ensure copy tone and style are consistent with brand guidelines and work well with the visual direction.
- Partner with SEO to ensure content meets strategic needs for organic visibility without negatively impacting the quality of storytelling.
- Maintain high standards of copywriting, editing, and proofing.
- Present work and sell through rationale to internal and external stakeholders.
What we’re looking for:
- A writer with experience writing for both B2B and B2C audiences.
- You have a passion for discovering new ways to tell a brand’s story that builds relationships with their customers.
- You have an ability to write in a variety of styles for diverse audiences, adapting your voice to each project with ease.
- You have experience writing for digital platforms and understand how content is best consumed.
- You take personal accountability to ensure the copy and story performs well against business goals.
- You have an appreciation for the relationship between copy and visual design.
- You have strong organizational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines without hand-holding.
- You work collaboratively, take constructive feedback well and can apply direction without losing your point of view.
- You are energized by presenting work and connecting stakeholders with your strategies and perspective.
- A solid portfolio of digital work.
What’s in it for you:
- Flexibility - We strive to support our employees and understand that life is complex with a lot of moving parts. We offer a hybrid in-office/remote environment, generous PTO, summer Fridays and floating holidays beyond the standard holidays.
- Growth opportunities - Every employee has regular check-ins with managers to discuss priorities and goal progress, peer feedback and a framework to share career goals and passions. We are proud to say many people on our leadership team have grown through the ranks of the agency!
- Transparency - We have regular, anonymous surveys for you to share your feedback, an open door policy, regular agency meetings and a suggestion box that is always open for you to share your thoughts and ideas.
- Commitment to company culture - We have a recognition system that is employee-led, a diversity and inclusion committee, monthly events to bring employees together in-person and even weekly happy hours!
- Commitment to serve - We offer every employee a paid day off each year to volunteer for a cause they are passionate about, and give them the opportunity to share this cause with the rest of the company.
- Office amenities - You’ll have access to a dedicated workspace in our downtown office plus free use of the Prudential building concierge and well-equipped fitness center. There is a stunning rooftop overlooking the lake if you want to work outside on a nice day.
- Ease of transport - Our office is located near the el, Metra and bus stations and there is paid parking underground.
The ideal candidate for this position will have at least 5-7 years of professional digital experience, and a solid portfolio submitted with their resume. One of our industry verticals is B2B digital marketing for clients in the financial tech (Fintech) industry, so experience in the Fintech industry is a big plus, but we’ll also consider candidates with seasoned B2B writing experience.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not currently accepting phone calls about employment opportunities. In addition, we cannot pay for relocation expenses or act as an immigration sponsor at this time, nor is this position eligible for telecommuting. Please visit our website to learn more about us: http://www.envisionitagency.com
Envisionit is an equal opportunity employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Envisionit. Enjoy your agency™
To learn more about Enjoy your agency™, visit us on Instagram!
“Smart, fun people. Caring leadership. Great work-life balance. Very transparent business that goes out of their way to encourage open communication. Impressive work quality and results - well beyond what I have seen at other agencies. Located next to millennium park with beautiful views of the city and lake..”